Additional Child Care Subsidy

Additional Child Care Subsidy - Child Wellbeing

Additional Child Care Subsidy - Child Wellbeing can be accessed for a child at serious risk of neglect. This is the equivalent of the old ‘CRK’ that could be claimed on an attendance.

Note the following:

  • You must submit an ACCS certificate to start accessing ACCS for a child
  • The initial certifcate runs for a maximum of 6 weeks
  • To continue to access ACCS beyond 6 weeks for a child or if this child will take you above the 50% cap you must complete a full determination

Accessing ACCS - Child Wellbeing

  1. Create a CWA enrolment (not an ACCS enrolment) in SmartCentral for the child in question with their CRN and submit it
  2. Log in to the Provider Entry Point (PEP) and create the certificate linking up the CWA enrolment
  3. Start submitting attendances as normal

ACCS Enrolments must only be used when you determined there is no one eligible to claim for the child and you the service provider will be the ‘parent’ for the purpose of this enrolment. For more information on ACCS Enrolments see below.

Other types of ACCS

Other types of ACCS are :

  • Grandparent
  • Temporary Fincancial Hardship
  • Transition to Work

These types are applied for by the carer directly to centrelink and show up in the subsidy calculations.

ACCS Enrolments

ACCS Enrolments are the equivalent of the old Service SCCB and are only to be used when no parent can be identified who is eligible.

A provider may identify a child at risk of neglect or abuse who meets relevant criteria but may be unable to identify a parent or carer - an individual or claimant - who is eligible for Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing). In these cases, as a last resort, the provider may enrol the child under an ‘Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing) - provider eligible arrangement’. This arrangement will end once the child is no longer at risk.

In this situation, the provider effectively becomes the individual in relation to that child, although a different arrangement will apply to the enrolment.